Tjälknöl made with lamb
1. Season the roast with pepper and salt and place it in a heat-resistant dish in the lower part of the oven. Simmer at 100°C in butter overnight so that the meat remains juicy and tender.
2. The spices now need to be cooked with the salt water for a few minutes to make an aromatic stock, which is then poured over the roast.
3. Cover it completely and leave to marinate for about 5 hours so that it can be cut into very thin slices afterwards.
4. While the meat is marinating, prepare the kale for the side dish: it should have already been exposed to frost because then it tastes better.
5. Wash and clean the kale thoroughly and strip the leaves from the stems. Blanch in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water. Then coarsely chop with a knife.
6. Heat the fat in a stew pot, sauté the onions, add the kale and sauté. Deglaze with the stock and season to taste. Then cover and simmer over a low heat for about an hour. At the end of the cooking time, stir in the oat flakes to bind the liquid. Season the kale again and fill into a bowl.
7. Finally, roast the walnuts with sea salt in a heated pan and prepare for serving. Now arrange the thin slices of lightly rolled braised lamb on an oval plate and add small portions of kale with a tablespoon as a decoration. Sprinkle the walnuts over it and serve.