For 4 people
• 2 pieces finger carrots
• 1 stalk celery
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 tbsp coffee beans
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp large sea salt
• 1 suckling pig (approximately 1.7 kg)
• 3 tbsp large mustard seeds
• 1 large bundle parsley
• 15 cashew kernels
• 1 clove of garlic
• 100 ml olive oil
• 3 tbsp popping corn
• 1 tbsp honey
Suckling pig roast with pumpkin and popcorn
1. Peel the carrots, clean the celery stalk and moisten with 1 tbspoil. Grill and precook, turning constantly,for approximately 4 minutes.
2. Crush coffee beans, pepper, and sea salt coarsely in a mortar.
3. Release the bones of the pig and layon a work board and cutevenly. This should result in a relatively rectangular piece.Spread 2 tbsp mustard over the surface of the meat and season withthe coffee salt. Retain 1 tsp of the seasoned salt. Lay the cooledcarrots and celery lengthwise alongside the meat and roll everything intoa roast and tie with kitchen twine.
4. Pluck the washed parsley and mix with the cashew kernels,peeled garlic, and olive oil. Season with saltand spread the rest of the mustard.
5. Place 1 tbsp oil and the popcorn into a covered pot andallow to pop. Important note: Do not overfillthe pot with popcorn! The bottom of the pot should beonly lightly covered. Season the still-warm popcorn with thehoney and the rest of the coffee salt and stir well.Place the roast on the heated cooking grid, grill and cook, covered, over indirectheat. Turn frequentlyand check the core temperaturewith a meat thermometer. The core temperature of the finished roast should be68°C.
6. Cut the roast, season with salt if desired,and serve with the parsley cream and popcorn.